This class is currently not available for purchase. To learn more about this subject in our current format, please visit this link.
About this Class
Interested in building your confidence and ability to speak in public? Then this is the class for you! In this group class, students will learn the foundational skills relevant to public speaking. Throughout this class, they will be practicing those skills and receiving guidance from our fantastic Program Leads!
All Ivy Camps USA classes have a final project that students work towards throughout their time in their class. In this class, students will be working towards a public speaking showcase that will be held on the final day of this program.
Students will Learn
- What efficient body language looks like and what to do with the rest of the body while speaking
- Methods for overcoming fears and anxieties about speaking in front of others
- How to identify an audience and cater a speech to target them
- Strategies for supporting arguments with strong sources and evidence
- Ways to pace a speech and the power of a pause
- The confidence they need to approach real-life public speaking scenarios
- How to apply public speaking skills to everyday situations in school and beyond
- How to build their skills in areas such as communication, public speaking, confidence, and creativity