Young Authors: Fiction Writing - 5 Weeks
- Discover the power of the pen! Explore the writing process and the art of storytelling through writing, editing and publishing a short story.
- Fall in love with the writing process.
- Develop strong ideas for rich characters and plot.
- Engage in the writing process including organization, drafting, editing/proofreading, revision and final draft/publication.
- Develop a growth mindset through collaboration, constructing and receiving feedback to grow skills as an author and writer.
- Entertain and teach through telling stories.
- Skills developed: writing, editing, revision, time management, collaboration, growth mindset, reflection, imagination,
- By the end of class: students will write their very own short story and publish it digitally to share with their campmates, family, and friends.
- Materials needed: Camptivity packet, pen/paper, laptop/device, email account to create free online storyboard account.