Video Game Design - 5 Weeks
About this Class
Do you love video games? Do you want to bring your own video game to life? If so, then this is the class for you!
All Ivy Camps USA classes have a final project that students work towards throughout their time in their class. In this class, students will design and create their own video game using the online video gaming creation software, Bloxels.
Students will Learn
- How video games come to life, and the artistry behind them
- Methods for storytelling used by popular video games
- The psychology behind gaming and why people love playing them
- The stories behind some of the most famous video games and their inventors
Class Logistics & Materials
- All classes are held live and online, starting at the time chosen
- Classes run 1x per week for 10 weeks
- Classes will be held on the same day every week
- Each class meeting will be 90 minutes (1.5 hours)
- Classes will have 1-6 students per class
- Students will be separated into groups by age
- The curriculum for each course is written to meet the developmental needs of each age group
- Classes are taught by our top instructors from Harvard, Yale, MIT, Princeton, & more!
Class Materials: pencil, pen, coloring materials, a Bloxels account, random objects from around the room, paper