Foundational Skills in Writing: Fun with Grammar - 10 Weeks
This class is currently not available for purchase. To learn more about this subject in our current format, please visit this link.
About this Class
Are you interested in learning the foundational skills needed to become the next great author? If so, then this is the class for you! In this class, students will have the opportunity to learn about the foundations of writing through a series of games and activities guided by our expert Program Leads!
All Ivy Camps USA classes have a final project that students work towards throughout their time in their class. By the end of this class, students will create their own grammar card or board game to demonstrate their new skills and help others learn!
Students will Learn
- Methods for mastering essential spelling and grammar rules
- How to write a variety of simple and complex sentences
- Different structures of writing, including fun, creative, and academic (school) writing
- How to enhance their learning through the application of a growth mindset
- Techniques for applying editing skills by using grammar and spelling rules to solve puzzles
- How to build their skills in areas such as grammar, spelling, editing, revision, collaboration, growth mindset, reflection, and imagination