Foundational Skills in STEM: Critical Thinking & Innovation - 10 Weeks
This class is currently not available for purchase. To learn more about this subject in our current format, please visit this link.
About this Class
Building a strong foundation in critical thinking skills is the first step to becoming a STEM superstar! Whether you are looking to build a project for a science fair, explore an area of your own interest, or build critical thinking skills that will advance you in all subject areas, this camp is for you! In this camp, students will build their ability to critically think while exploring real-world applications of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
All Ivy Camps USA classes have a final project that students work towards throughout their time in their class. In this class, students will engage in an inquiry-based project on the scientific topic of their interest and present their findings to an audience.
Students will Learn
- The scientific method through engaging games such as playing with probability and statistics, escape rooms, unsolved mysteries, brainteasers, science experiments, and more
- Methods to develop and apply critical thinking skills in the exploration of foundational science concepts
- Build collaboration skills engaging in STEM activities which allow the development of scientific thinking, writing, and public speaking to present ideas
- The real-life applications of STEAM in our world, including biomimicry, natural disasters, the deep sea, and assistive technologies
- Techniques to use innovation and design to solve everyday problems
- How to build their skills in areas such as creativity, innovation, scientific reasoning, deductive reasoning, inductive reasoning, objective reasoning, cause-and-effect, sequencing, hypothesizing, and resiliency