Animals of the Past & Present - 10 Weeks
- Save 10% Buy one 10-week class and get another 10-week class 10% off! Promotion automatically applied at checkout.
About this Class
Do you love animals? What about dinosaurs? If creatures of the past and present interest you, then this is the class for you! In this class, students will learn the foundations of zoology and paleontology to explore animals throughout time.
All Ivy Camps USA classes have a final project that students work towards throughout their time in their class. In this class, students will create their own fictional (but fact-based) dinosaur. Students will also develop their presentation skills throughout this course, as they create a presentation about their favorite animal that they learn about in this class.
Students will Learn
- About unique animals and their one-of-a-kind behaviors
- To have an appreciation for creatures small and large
- How to best care for all sorts of different animals
- About other surprising prehistoric creatures
- What prehistoric creatures ate and how they moved
- About different periods of history when these prehistoric creatures lived
- How to build their skills in areas such as research, communication, global awareness, and public speaking
Class Logistics & Materials
- All classes are held live and online, starting at the time chosen
- Classes run 1x per week for 10 weeks
- Classes will be held on the same day every week
- Each class meeting will be 90 minutes (1.5 hours)
- Classes will have 1-6 students per class
- Students will be separated into groups by age
- The curriculum for each course is written to meet the developmental needs of each age group
- Classes are taught by our top instructors from Harvard, Yale, MIT, Princeton, & more!
Class Materials: pencil, pen, printed welcome packet, extra paper, scissors, bowl, small cereal, water, comb, straws/chopsticks, paper towel, random objects from around the household