Practical Applications in Problem Solving: Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and MathematicsNormal fiyat $389.00 | $25.93 per class
- When faced with a challenge, what does it take to think through to a solution? Problem-solving skills!
- This course will develop students' problem-solving skills while taking students through a series of situations in which students will have to develop solutions.
- With the guidance of an Ivy League or other top 10 USA university instructor,
- Students will explore real-life applications of STEAM and how they support humans in solving problems
- Students will draw inspiration from the natural world and explore how scientists use that information to create innovative solutions to everyday problems
- Students will learn helpful frameworks to guide their problem solving
- Students will build confidence in solving problems independently and build their resiliency
- Each day, students will be presented with a problem and will develop innovative solutions for those problems
- Course Format:
- Each day of instruction will last 75 minutes (1.25 hours)
- Each day of instruction will occur once per week, beginning on the day chosen, on the same day every week for 15 weeks
- The curriculum is designed for each age group and adjusted to the group's developmental level
- Final Project: students will examine the world around them to identify a problem that they would like to solve. Using their knowledge developed throughout this course, students will then develop a creative solution to that problem and design a prototype to test their solution.
- Skills Developed: Problem-solving, innovation, creativity, critical thinking, confidence