Science of Motion and Machines
5 Weeks, MondaysRegular price $99.00
- Are you curious what makes planes fly or how huge ships don’t sink?
- Course objectives:
- Discover the science behind some of the most exciting forms of transportation: boats and planes
- Through hands-on science experiments, explore concepts such as density, gravity, surface tension, and buoyancy
- Skills developed: Thinking, problem solving, creativity, basic science principles.
- By the end of the class: Your student will have the opportunity to create their own planes and boats and put them into action!
- Materials needed: Lots of materials collected from home for building and testing (plastic bottles, straws, tape, aluminum foil, cardboard, many pieces of paper, coins, cork), scissors, a container with water, a small amount of liquid soap.
- About the class: Classes meet once a week for five weeks. Each class meeting will last 75 minutes.