Presenting with Confidence - 10 Weeks
This class is currently not available for purchase. To learn more about this subject in our current format, please visit this link.
About this Class
Take your public speaking skills to the next level by becoming a master of presentations! Learn how to craft engaging presentations which help you deliver your message to your audience. Using a TED Talk format, students will learn how to utilize presentation tools and storytelling skills to make an engaging presentation in front of a crowd.
All Ivy Camps USA classes have a final project that students work towards throughout their time in their class. In this class, students will be working towards a final presentation using a TED Talk format that will be presented on the final day of this program.
Students will Learn
- How to create a presentation slideshow to support the delivery of their speech
- Methods to design visually engaging slides/visuals for a presentation using Google Slides, PowerPoint, or other presentation software
- Techniques to hook an audience in at the beginning of a speech and how to keep the audience entertained throughout a speech
- Appropriate structures for speeches
- Skills to explore tone and voice in a speech
- How to apply public speaking skills to deliver a speech on a subject of their choice
- The specific skills for creating engaging slideshow presentations
- Methods to develop collaboration skills and growth mindset as they learn to craft and receive constructive feedback
- Techniques to build confidence in speaking through practice and presentation strategies
- How to build their skills in areas such as public speaking, presentation skills, addressing an audience, rhetorical devices, confidence, organization, and time management
Times display in the local time zone that your browser is set in. We offer a diverse range of times so we can accommodate students around the world. This means that some of our times may seem a bit unreasonable in certain parts of the world. Please choose a local time to you that works best for your experience.