Introduction to Public Health: Managing a Health Emergency
5 WeeksRegular price $169.00
- Looking to make a positive impact in your community? Do you like to help people live their healthiest life? A Career in Public Health may be for you!
- In this course, you will learn about the field of Public Health. Through the creation of a research-based PSA Poster, you will get a taste of what public health officials do in their job. You will also explore the many different specializations within Public Health to see if it is the right fit for you.
- Through this experience, you will develop a deeper understanding of the vast and impactful field of Public Health. You will explore areas from epidemiology to statistical modeling, from healthy lifestyle choices to public health education, and more! The COVID-19 pandemic highlighted the need for impactful Public Health workers. We will explore the multifacet work of Public Health and share our knowledge through the creation of a PSA poster!
- Skills Developed: Communication skills, project management skills, research skills, presentation skills, critical thinking skills.
- Class Format: This class will take place once per week for five weeks on the same weekday, beginning on the day selected. Each class meeting will be 75 minutes. All classes will be taught by an instructor who comes from Harvard, Yale, MIT, and other similar institutions. Recommended for ages 14-18.
- Take the first step in building your career in Public Health!