Nonfiction Writing - 10 Weeks
This class is currently not available for purchase. To learn more about this subject in our current format, please visit this link.
About this Class
Do you enjoy reading and writing about the world around you? If so, then this is the class for you! From creative non-fiction and life writing to journalism and field guides, this lively and fun course offers the skills and techniques to help aspiring authors observe and share their world.
All Ivy Camps USA classes have a final project that students work towards throughout their time in their class. By the end of this class, students will publish a piece of nonfiction writing, sharing their interests with campmates, family, and friends.
Students will Learn
- The confidence to take risks and make choices in a comfortable and supportive environment
- Structure in essay writing, including an introduction, supporting arguments, and a conclusion
- How to work collaboratively to develop critical thinking and writing skills
- Methods for developing a growth mindset and transforming their writing through feedback
- Techniques to think critically about sources to ensure they are credible
- How to build their skills in areas such as critical thinking, brainstorming, writing structure and organization, editing/drafting/proofreading, research, and developing supporting evidence
Times display in the local time zone that your browser is set in. We offer a diverse range of times so we can accommodate students around the world. This means that some of our times may seem a bit unreasonable in certain parts of the world. Please choose a local time to you that works best for your experience.