Future Engineers: Building Solutions - 10 Weeks
This class is currently not available for purchase. To learn more about this subject in our current format, please visit this link.
About this Class
Are you curious about what makes planes fly or how huge ships don’t sink? If so, then this may be the class for you! In this class, students will have the opportunity to explore a variety of simple machines, boats, and planes to explore how engineers solve everyday problems! This is the ultimate class for every student who loves to get their hands dirty and build!
All Ivy Camps USA classes have a final project that students work towards throughout their time in their class. In this class, students will build their own working plane and boat, alongside many simple machines.
Students will Learn
- The science behind some of the most exciting forms of transportation: boats and planes
- About concepts such as density, gravity, surface tension, and buoyancy
- Concepts of architectural design, friction, force, gravity, and density while problem-solving challenges presented in the real world and in storybooks
- Methods to apply the arts by coming up with an exciting way to twist the end of each problem-solving challenge through creative methods
- How to build solutions to problems utilizing concepts from both physics and chemistry
- How to build their skills in areas such as critical thinking, problem-solving, and creativity
Times display in the local time zone that your browser is set in. We offer a diverse range of times so we can accommodate students around the world. This means that some of our times may seem a bit unreasonable in certain parts of the world. Please choose a local time to you that works best for your experience.