Physics Building Adventures
5 Weeks, TuesdaysRegular price $99.00
- Let your camper save the day while using skills from science, math, technology, and engineering!
- Course objectives:
- Explore concepts of architectural design, friction, force, gravity, and density while problem-solving challenges presented from traditional fairytale literature
- Apply the arts by coming up with an exciting way to twist the end of each fairytale through creative methods
- Skills developed: Basic physics principles, literacy, creativity, problem solving, engineering and innovation.
- By the end of the class: Students will construct and test various structures, such as houses, zip-lines, slides, bows, catapults, parachutes, and rafts.
- Materials needed: Household items will be required to complete this class such as pencils, paper, straws, and yarn.
- About the class: Classes meet once a week for five weeks. Each class meeting will last 75 minutes.