Crafts, Culture, and Cooking
5 Weeks, MondaysRegular price $99.00
- Do you want to take a virtual trip around the world, making crafts and cooking delicious recipes?
- Course objectives:
- Go on a journey around the world and discover both differences and commonalities between people
- Learn about different parts of the world through music and hands-on crafts that teach them about that particular culture
- Among the countries students will have the opportunity to explore are: Brazil, Ghana, Canada, and the Netherlands
- Try recipes at home from each of the new places they learn about
- Cultivate a deeper appreciation and reverence for our diverse planet and the distinctive ways people live
- Skills developed: Global awareness, creativity, communication, social skills.
- By the end of the class: Your student will share a craft and recipe from their family/community/country!
- Materials needed:
- Carnival masks: paper plates, paint/markers, scissors
- Kente cloths: colored paper, paint/markers, scissors
- Totem poles: either cans/jars/toilet paper rolls, paint/markers, paper, scissors, tape/glue
- Windmill: paper, markers, brad/paper clip, paper/plastic cup or toilet paper roll
- Whatever materials needed for your camper’s craft
- About the class: Classes meet once a week for five weeks. Each class meeting will last 75 minutes.