Engineer a Better World with the Stanford Design Cycle
5 Weeks, MondaysRegular price $99.00
- Interested in solving a real-world problem and making a difference in the world?
- Course objectives:
- Go through the Stanford design cycle (Empathize, Define, Ideate, Prototype, Test)
- Use the design cycle to explore a pressing problem facing our Earth today
- Identify a need in your community/world
- Build empathy for others
- Brainstorm and ideate new ideas
- Build a prototype to solve a need
- Skills developed: Creative thinking, design thinking, collaboration, give and receive feedback, empathy.
- By the end of the class: Your student will learn how to think creatively, collaborate, receive feedback, edit and change their work, and ultimately deliver a thoughtful solution to a real-world need.
- Materials needed: Coloring materials, recycled materials for building (cardboard, plastic, etc), tape
- About the class: Classes meet once a week for five weeks. Each class meeting will last 75 minutes.