Design Your World Using Minecraft & Lego - 10 Weeks
- Save 10% Buy one 10-week class and get another 10-week class 10% off! Promotion automatically applied at checkout.
About this Class
Do you love designing and building in Minecraft? Are you constantly designing structures with Lego pieces? If the answer to those questions is yes, then this is the class for you! Take your Lego skills, and Minecraft building talent, and combine them with a deep understanding of urban planning to design your ideal city in this unique class!
All Ivy Camps USA classes have a final project that students work towards throughout their time in their class. By the end of this class, students will have created a physical and digital showcase of their new planning and architecture skills.
Students will Learn
- Concepts of city planning, sustainability, essential infrastructure, the needs and wants of a community, and more!
- Ways to create masterpieces block by block and learn the theory behind the design
- How to make a schematic for their design and then bring it to life
- Methods to turn their blocks into art
- Basic aesthetic and engineering principles
- How to build their skills in areas such as creative thinking, spatial awareness, problem-solving, innovation, and design
Class Logistics & Materials
- All classes are held live and online, starting at the time chosen
- Classes run 1x per week for 10 weeks
- Classes will be held on the same day every week
- Each class meeting will be 90 minutes (1.5 hours)
- Classes will have 1-6 students per class
- Students will be separated into groups by age
- The curriculum for each course is written to meet the developmental needs of each age group
- Classes are taught by our top instructors from Harvard, Yale, MIT, Princeton, & more!
Class Materials: pencil, pen, printed welcome packet, extra paper, recycled materials, lego, Minecraft or a similar type of building platform will be needed for this class (free version available)