Comic Book Creation - 10 Weeks
This class is currently not available for purchase. To learn more about this subject in our current format, please visit this link.
About this Class
Are you curious about what makes superheroes so powerful? Are you interested in writing the story of your own hero? If so, then this is the class for you! In this class, students will craft their own comic books. Students will have a chance to investigate these crime-fighting characters through a variety of educational lenses including science, art, social studies, and creative writing while developing their own story fit for a superhero!
All Ivy Camps USA classes have a final project that students work towards throughout their time in their class. By the end of this class, students will incorporate all of their new understandings of superheroes and their powers into the creation of their own unique superhero and drawn/written comic book.
Students will Learn
- The origins and development of some of the most iconic superheroes
- Methods to create your own superhero comic book
- Information about story elements such as setting, plot, and character development
- How to use images and text features to enhance both fictional and informational writing
- How to build their skills in areas such as communication, social responsibility, creativity, and problem-solving
Times display in the local time zone that your browser is set in. We offer a diverse range of times so we can accommodate students around the world. This means that some of our times may seem a bit unreasonable in certain parts of the world. Please choose a local time to you that works best for your experience.