Growing Gold: Personal Finance for Kids - 5 Weeks
About this Class
Developing personal financial literacy is an important part of building a successful future! This course will teach students the information needed to be financially literate, to then make strong decisions moving forward.
All Ivy Camps USA classes have a final project that students work towards throughout their time in their class. In this class, students work towards building the skills needed to complete a challenge on the final day of camp. The challenge will require students to overcome obstacles to proceed along a map and discover the hidden treasure!
Students will Learn
- How to identify needs vs. wants
- Techniques for budgeting money earned
- Methods for making solid financial decisions
- Ways to save and invest
- How to make price comparisons
- The definition of currency and what gives money its value
- What currencies around the world look like
Class Logistics & Materials
- All classes are held live and online, starting at the time chosen
- Classes run 1x per week for 10 weeks
- Classes will be held on the same day every week
- Each class meeting will be 90 minutes (1.5 hours)
- Classes will have 1-6 students per class
- Students will be separated into groups by age
- The curriculum for each course is written to meet the developmental needs of each age group
- Classes are taught by our top instructors from Harvard, Yale, MIT, Princeton, & more!
Class Materials: pencil, pen, coloring materials, coins and bills of your currency, objects collected from your home
NOTE: THE COURSE IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY, PARTICIPANTS AND GUARDIANS SHOULD NOT CONSTRUE ANY SUCH INFORMATION LEARNED OR OTHER MATERIAL DISTRIBUTED AS LEGAL, TAX, INVESTMENT, FINANCIAL, OR OTHER ADVICE. NOTHING CONTAINED IN THE COURSE CONSTITUTES A SOLICITATION, RECOMMENDATION, ENDORSEMENT, OR OFFER BY IVY CAMPS USA OR ANY THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDER TO BUY OR SELL ANY SECURITIES OR OTHER FINANCIAL INSTRUMENTS.