Foundations of Effective Public Speaking
5 WeeksPrecio normal $149.00
- Interested in learning how to become a more effective public speaker? Then this may be the class for you!
- With the guidance of our Ivy League and other instructors from top 10 universities students will learn:
- What efficient body language looks like and what to do with the rest of the body while speaking
- Methods for overcoming fears and anxieties about speaking in front of others
- How to identify an audience and cater a speech to target them
- Strategies for supporting arguments with strong sources and evidence
- Ways to pace a speech and the power of a pause
- Course Format:
- Each day of instruction will last 75 minutes (1.25 hours)
- Each day of instruction will occur one time per week, beginning on the day chosen, on the same day for 5 weeks
- The curriculum is designed for each age group and adjusted to the group's developmental level
- Skills Developed: communication, public speaking, confidence, creativity
- Interested in learning more? Develop your Public Speaking skills further, explore debate, and craft a TED Talk through our 15-week spring program "Public Speaking & Debate".