Young Authors: Nonfiction Writing - 5 Weeks
- Save 20% Buy one 5-week class and get another 5-week class 20% off! Promotion automatically applied at checkout.
- From creative non-fiction and life writing to journalism and field guides, this lively and fun course offers the skills and techniques to help the aspiring author observe and share their world.
- Gain confidence to take risks and make choices in a comfortable and supportive environment.
- Learn structure in essay writing, including an introduction, supporting arguments, and a conclusion.
- Work collaboratively to develop critical thinking and writing skills.
- Develop a growth mindset and improve writing through feedback.
- Think critically about sources to ensure they are credible.
- Skills developed: critical thinking, brainstorming, writing structure and organization, editing/drafting/proofreading, research, developing supporting evidence, presenting writing for peer review.
- By the end of class: Students will publish a piece of nonfiction writing, sharing their interests with campmates, family and friends.
- Materials needed: Camptivity packet, pen/pencil, laptop/iPad, markers/highlighters, email account to create a free eBook.
- About the class: Classes meet once a week for five weeks. Each class meeting will last 75 minutes. Classes will have 1-6 students.