Think Like a Scientist - 5 Weeks
- Save 20% Buy one 5-week class and get another 5-week class 20% off! Promotion automatically applied at checkout.
- Building a strong foundation in critical thinking skills is the first step in becoming a STEM superstar. Whether you are looking to build a project for a science fair, explore an area of your own interest, or build critical thinking skills that will advance you in all subject areas, this camp is for you!
- Explore the scientific method through engaging games such as playing with probability and statistics, escape rooms, unsolved mysteries, brainteasers, science experiments and more.
- Develop and apply critical thinking skills in the exploration of foundational science concepts.
- Build collaboration skills engaging in STEM activities which allow the development of scientific thinking, writing, and public speaking to present ideas.
- A perfect course for building essential STEM skills, and also for preparing for science fairs!
- Skills developed: Through this course students will develop critical thinking skills including: scientific reasoning, deductive reasoning, inductive reasoning, objective reasoning, cause-and-effect, sequencing, hypothesizing, resiliency, synthesis and speculation. This course fosters wonder, creativity and innovation.
- By the end of class: Students will engage in an inquiry-based project on the scientific topic of their interest and present their findings to an audience.
- Materials needed: Camptivity packet, pen/pencil, laptop/iPad, email address to create free STEM experiment and Canva account, markers, string, tape, small cup.
- About the class: Classes meet once a week for five weeks. Each class meeting will last 75 minutes. Classes will have 1-6 students.