Nonfiction Writing - 10 Weeks
- Save 10% Buy one 10-week class and get another 10-week class 10% off! Promotion automatically applied at checkout.
About this Class
Do you enjoy reading and writing about the world around you? If so, then this is the class for you! From creative non-fiction and life writing to journalism and field guides, this lively and fun course offers the skills and techniques to help aspiring authors observe and share their world.
All Ivy Camps USA classes have a final project that students work towards throughout their time in their class. By the end of this class, students will publish a piece of nonfiction writing, sharing their interests with campmates, family, and friends.
Students will Learn
- The confidence to take risks and make choices in a comfortable and supportive environment
- Structure in essay writing, including an introduction, supporting arguments, and a conclusion
- How to work collaboratively to develop critical thinking and writing skills
- Methods for developing a growth mindset and transforming their writing through feedback
- Techniques to think critically about sources to ensure they are credible
- How to build their skills in areas such as critical thinking, brainstorming, writing structure and organization, editing/drafting/proofreading, research, and developing supporting evidence
Class Logistics & Materials
- All classes are held live and online, starting at the time chosen
- Classes run 1x per week for 10 weeks
- Classes will be held on the same day every week
- Each class meeting will be 90 minutes (1.5 hours)
- Classes will have 1-6 students per class
- Students will be separated into groups by age
- The curriculum for each course is written to meet the developmental needs of each age group
- Classes are taught by our top instructors from Harvard, Yale, MIT, Princeton, & more!
Class Materials: pencil, pen, extra paper, printed welcome packet, markers, highlighters, laptop/iPad, email account to create a free eBook