Future Engineers: Building Solutions - 10 Weeks
- Save 10% Buy one 10-week class and get another 10-week class 10% off! Promotion automatically applied at checkout.
About this Class
Are you curious about what makes planes fly or how huge ships don’t sink? If so, then this may be the class for you! In this class, students will have the opportunity to explore a variety of simple machines, boats, and planes to explore how engineers solve everyday problems! This is the ultimate class for every student who loves to get their hands dirty and build!
All Ivy Camps USA classes have a final project that students work towards throughout their time in their class. In this class, students will build their own working plane and boat, alongside many simple machines.
Students will Learn
- The science behind some of the most exciting forms of transportation: boats and planes
- About concepts such as density, gravity, surface tension, and buoyancy
- Concepts of architectural design, friction, force, gravity, and density while problem-solving challenges presented in the real world and in storybooks
- Methods to apply the arts by coming up with an exciting way to twist the end of each problem-solving challenge through creative methods
- How to build solutions to problems utilizing concepts from both physics and chemistry
- How to build their skills in areas such as critical thinking, problem-solving, and creativity
Class Logistics & Materials
- All classes are held live and online, starting at the time chosen
- Classes run 1x per week for 10 weeks
- Classes will be held on the same day every week
- Each class meeting will be 90 minutes (1.5 hours)
- Classes will have 1-6 students per class
- Students will be separated into groups by age
- The curriculum for each course is written to meet the developmental needs of each age group
- Classes are taught by our top instructors from Harvard, Yale, MIT, Princeton, & more!
Class Materials: pencil, pen, printed welcome packet, extra paper, scissors, glue, tape, coloring materials, wire/metal clothing hanger, recycled items (such as straws, cardboard, and more), yarn/string/floss, marshmallows, empty tissue box, ping pong ball/marble, rubber bands, paper clips, pipe cleaners, paper towel roll, popsicle sticks/toothpicks, plastic bottle cap, a container with water, liquid soap, coins