Presenting with Confidence - 10 Weeks
- Save 10% Buy one 10-week class and get another 10-week class 10% off! Promotion automatically applied at checkout.
About this Class
Take your public speaking skills to the next level by becoming a master of presentations! Learn how to craft engaging presentations which help you deliver your message to your audience. Using a TED Talk format, students will learn how to utilize presentation tools and storytelling skills to make an engaging presentation in front of a crowd.
All Ivy Camps USA classes have a final project that students work towards throughout their time in their class. In this class, students will be working towards a final presentation using a TED Talk format that will be presented on the final day of this program.
Students will Learn
- How to create a presentation slideshow to support the delivery of their speech
- Methods to design visually engaging slides/visuals for a presentation using Google Slides, PowerPoint, or other presentation software
- Techniques to hook an audience in at the beginning of a speech and how to keep the audience entertained throughout a speech
- Appropriate structures for speeches
- Skills to explore tone and voice in a speech
- How to apply public speaking skills to deliver a speech on a subject of their choice
- The specific skills for creating engaging slideshow presentations
- Methods to develop collaboration skills and growth mindset as they learn to craft and receive constructive feedback
- Techniques to build confidence in speaking through practice and presentation strategies
- How to build their skills in areas such as public speaking, presentation skills, addressing an audience, rhetorical devices, confidence, organization, and time management
Class Logistics & Materials
- All classes are held live and online, starting at the time chosen
- Classes run 1x per week for 10 weeks
- Classes will be held on the same day every week
- Each class meeting will be 90 minutes (1.5 hours)
- Classes will have 1-6 students per class
- Students will be separated into groups by age
- The curriculum for each course is written to meet the developmental needs of each age group
- Classes are taught by our top instructors from Harvard, Yale, MIT, Princeton, & more!