Foundational Skills in Writing: Fun with Grammar - 10 Weeks
- Save 10% Buy one 10-week class and get another 10-week class 10% off! Promotion automatically applied at checkout.
About this Class
Are you interested in learning the foundational skills needed to become the next great author? If so, then this is the class for you! In this class, students will have the opportunity to learn about the foundations of writing through a series of games and activities guided by our expert Program Leads!
All Ivy Camps USA classes have a final project that students work towards throughout their time in their class. By the end of this class, students will create their own grammar card or board game to demonstrate their new skills and help others learn!
Students will Learn
- Methods for mastering essential spelling and grammar rules
- How to write a variety of simple and complex sentences
- Different structures of writing, including fun, creative, and academic (school) writing
- How to enhance their learning through the application of a growth mindset
- Techniques for applying editing skills by using grammar and spelling rules to solve puzzles
- How to build their skills in areas such as grammar, spelling, editing, revision, collaboration, growth mindset, reflection, and imagination
Class Logistics & Materials
- All classes are held live and online, starting at the time chosen
- Classes run 1x per week for 10 weeks
- Classes will be held on the same day every week
- Each class meeting will be 90 minutes (1.5 hours)
- Classes will have 1-6 students per class
- Students will be separated into groups by age
- The curriculum for each course is written to meet the developmental needs of each age group
- Classes are taught by our top instructors from Harvard, Yale, MIT, Princeton, & more!
Class Materials: pencil, pen, non-specific materials from around the household, extra paper, printed welcome packet