Foundational Skills for Effective Public Speaking - 10 Weeks
- Save 10% Buy one 10-week class and get another 10-week class 10% off! Promotion automatically applied at checkout.
About this Class
Interested in building your confidence and ability to speak in public? Then this is the class for you! In this group class, students will learn the foundational skills relevant to public speaking. Throughout this class, they will be practicing those skills and receiving guidance from our fantastic Program Leads!
All Ivy Camps USA classes have a final project that students work towards throughout their time in their class. In this class, students will be working towards a public speaking showcase that will be held on the final day of this program.
Students will Learn
- What efficient body language looks like and what to do with the rest of the body while speaking
- Methods for overcoming fears and anxieties about speaking in front of others
- How to identify an audience and cater a speech to target them
- Strategies for supporting arguments with strong sources and evidence
- Ways to pace a speech and the power of a pause
- The confidence they need to approach real-life public speaking scenarios
- How to apply public speaking skills to everyday situations in school and beyond
- How to build their skills in areas such as communication, public speaking, confidence, and creativity
Class Logistics & Materials
- All classes are held live and online, starting at the time chosen
- Classes run 1x per week for 10 weeks
- Classes will be held on the same day every week
- Each class meeting will be 90 minutes (1.5 hours)
- Classes will have 1-6 students per class
- Students will be separated into groups by age
- The curriculum for each course is written to meet the developmental needs of each age group
- Classes are taught by our top instructors from Harvard, Yale, MIT, Princeton, & more!
Class Materials: pencil, pen, non-specific materials from around the household, extra paper, printed welcome packet