Biology Basics - 10 Weeks
- Save 10% Buy one virtual class and get 10% off another virtual class, if purchased at the same time. Promotion automatically applied at checkout.
About this Class
Are you interested in learning more about how the world works? Do you often ask questions about why the human body works in the way that it does? If so, then this is the class for you! Students will discover environmental systems and the human body’s skeletal system, muscular system, cardiovascular system, and digestive system. Through interactive explorations, they will gain a deeper understanding of how their environment and the human body function.
All Ivy Camps USA classes have a final project that students work towards throughout their time in their class. In this class, students will craft a final presentation to the class regarding their findings throughout the guided activities done in class and beyond.
Students will Learn
- Information about local plant life
- How to improve plant and animal identification skills
- How to do research and data gathering through citizen science projects
- About how plants and animals are all connected in the living world
- Information about the human body’s skeletal system, muscular system, cardiovascular system, and digestive system
- Information about how the human body functions
- Information about ecosystem structures, food chains, and taxonomy
- How to build their skills in areas such as global awareness, research, collaboration, photography, and plant/animal identification
Class Logistics & Materials
- All classes are held live and online, starting at the time chosen
- Classes run 1x per week for 10 weeks
- Classes will be held on the same day every week
- Each class meeting will be 90 minutes (1.5 hours)
- Classes will have 1-6 students per class
- Students will be separated into groups by age
- The curriculum for each course is written to meet the developmental needs of each age group
- Classes are taught by our top instructors from Harvard, Yale, MIT, Princeton, & more!
Class Materials: pencil, pen, printed welcome packet, extra paper, scissors, bowl, chalk, napkins, aluminum foil, zip loc bag, clear cups, soda, vinegar, water bottle, clay, straws/pipe cleaners, clothespins, toothpicks, paper towel roll, piece of bread/crackers/cheese, camera, iNaturalist App