Fiction Writing - 10 Weeks
This class is currently not available for purchase. To learn more about this subject in our current format, please visit this link.
About this Class
Discover the power of the pen! Explore the writing process and the art of storytelling through writing, editing and publishing a short story. Students will be guided through a series of activities and lessons that will help them fall in love with the writing process, and craft a work that they can be proud of!
All Ivy Camps USA classes have a final project that students work towards throughout their time in their class. By the end of this class, students will write their very own short story and publish it digitally to share with their campmates, family, and friends.
Students will Learn
- How to develop strong ideas for rich characters and plot
- Methods to engage in the writing process including organization, drafting, editing/proofreading, revision and final draft/publication
- Techniques to develop a growth mindset through collaboration, constructing and receiving feedback to grow skills as an author and writer
- How to entertain and teach through telling stories
- How to build their skills in areas such as writing, sentence structure, organization, editing, drafting, proofreading, collaboration, constructing and receiving feedback, growth mindset, creativity, expression, and imagination