Fiction Writing - 10 Weeks
- Save 10% Buy one 10-week class and get another 10-week class 10% off! Promotion automatically applied at checkout.
About this Class
Discover the power of the pen! Explore the writing process and the art of storytelling through writing, editing and publishing a short story. Students will be guided through a series of activities and lessons that will help them fall in love with the writing process, and craft a work that they can be proud of!
All Ivy Camps USA classes have a final project that students work towards throughout their time in their class. By the end of this class, students will write their very own short story and publish it digitally to share with their campmates, family, and friends.
Students will Learn
- How to develop strong ideas for rich characters and plot
- Methods to engage in the writing process including organization, drafting, editing/proofreading, revision and final draft/publication
- Techniques to develop a growth mindset through collaboration, constructing and receiving feedback to grow skills as an author and writer
- How to entertain and teach through telling stories
- How to build their skills in areas such as writing, sentence structure, organization, editing, drafting, proofreading, collaboration, constructing and receiving feedback, growth mindset, creativity, expression, and imagination
Class Logistics & Materials
- All classes are held live and online, starting at the time chosen
- Classes run 1x per week for 10 weeks
- Classes will be held on the same day every week
- Each class meeting will be 90 minutes (1.5 hours)
- Classes will have 1-6 students per class
- Students will be separated into groups by age
- The curriculum for each course is written to meet the developmental needs of each age group
- Classes are taught by our top instructors from Harvard, Yale, MIT, Princeton, & more!
Class Materials: pencil, pen, non-specific materials from around the household, extra paper, printed welcome packet